A general record of my ongoing battle with all forms of nonsense.

Saturday 12 September 2009

The dodgy posters in Leicester Highcross TCM shop

I went into the Traditional Chinese Medicine place in Leicester's Highcross centre today and took photos of all the posters on display. In total there are 20 photos of 31 posters or signs.

See if you can count how many of these 31 posters are not breaking the Consumer Protection Regulations.

If you can't read the text, click on the image for higher resolution.

A
B
C

D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V

4 comments:

Zeno said...

Unbelievable. Wait. No it's not. Nothing surprises me about AltMed any more.

I won complaints against Herbmedic (2003, I think) and Dr & Herbs (2003). Unfortunately, the ASA have deleted old adjudications prior to 2004 from their website. I should have a paper copy somewhere, which I'll upload to my blog. They may be worth referring to, even though it's TS who would deal with a complaint.

Zeno said...

Ah! Here's my Herbmedic one:

Zeno said...

Finally found my Dr & Herbs adjudication. The ASA have moved some of their old adjudications, but they have linked to it (and my Herbmedic one) on their Therapies: General page on their Copy Advice website, so they must think they are important!

Mike Hoffman said...

I like the fact that they "welcome your feedback" which I presume they are posting over the walls. Nothing quite like it to illustrate the old adage that the plural of anecdote is not data...